Great Egg Recipes
* Scrambled eggs – If you like egg whites, use a strainer to leave the yolks behind. Scramble until you like the doneness of the egg. Eat with a side of whole wheat toast and a piece of fruit.
* Omelet – Who doesn’t like a good omelet? Here are a few pointers. Only use two eggs. Adding a third for density is not necessary. A tablespoon of water in the egg mixture can make it lighter and fluffier so you get a bigger omelet without additional calories. Also, add your favorite healthy ingredients for a more satisfying meal. Try diced tomatoes, onions, green peppers, lean ham or turkey sausage.
* Boiled eggs – They are easy for breakfast on the go. Many kids like them too. Boil several eggs and place them in the fridge. Place them in warm water and peel them for everyone to enjoy at breakfast the next day. Keep the yolks for added nutritional value.
* Breakfast scramble – Take your eggs to the next level. Combine eggs or egg whites with Canadian bacon cubes, turkey sausage, cheese cubes and onions. Scramble in a pan until the eggs are done. Top with salsa. It’s a twist on regular scrambled eggs.
* Quiche – Combine your love of eggs with a food that can be eaten for lunch. Mix eggs with delicious add-ins like onions, ham and low-fat cheese. Everyone can create their own favorite quiche recipe for the family.
* Egg salad – This makes a great vegetarian sandwich for lunch. Add light or fat-free mayonnaise and mustard. It is easy to make in a hurry as well. Coarsely chop your eggs and add your condiments. Some people like pickles or relish in their egg salad.
* Deviled eggs – These are great for an appetizer for a party or to have when you want a snack. Combine mustard, low-fat mayonnaise, paprika and boiled egg yolks in a bowl. Spoon it back into each cut boiled egg half. Sprinkle with more paprika.
* Frittata – Whisk your egg whites and some fat-free cream cheese in a cup. Add them to a heated skillet. Add your favorite toppings like chopped veggies or fresh herbs. Cook covered in the skillet until the eggs are set and done. Slide the frittata out of the pan onto your plate.