How To Jump Start Your Weightloss Regimen
Weight loss is an intensely personal thing. Maintaining a healthy weight is good for overall wellbeing. Losing those last few pounds to get into your favorite bathing suit or outfit can be a troublesome process, but it can be done.
How to Get Going
* Drink plenty of water – Water gives the body an internal shower. It also nourishes the cells and can help you to feel full before meals so you don’t eat as much. Nutritionists recommend at least eight glasses a day.
* Clean out the pantry – There is no specific day of the week to start your weight-loss program but you don’t want to sabotage yourself. Before you do anything, remove all of the unhealthy foods from your kitchen. You can’t be tempted to overeat or mindlessly eat something that is not good for you if it is not around.
* Read up on weight loss and food – Weight loss is a hot topic and hundreds of books and articles have been written about it. There is so much information that it can be hard to know where to start. Start with MyPyramid.gov. It will tell you about the different types of foods that make up a healthy diet and give examples of each.
* Eat meals and snacks – Most people have a hard time sticking to a weight-loss program because they feel starved. However, when you eat every three hours, the body doesn’t have time to get hungry. And, your metabolism speeds up. Consume small meals throughout the day that are similar in calorie make-up.
* Chew slowly – In this fast-paced world we are always in a hurry to get somewhere. That often means wolfing down our food as if someone were after us. Take your time and chew each bite completely. You’ll soon discover that you weren’t as hungry as you first thought.
* Cook more – When you take the time to prepare meals, then you know what is in your food. There are no preservatives and colorings because you made it yourself. Choose whole natural foods like fruits and fresh vegetables. Package your leftovers in small portions to be eaten for lunch or even dinner the next day.